Know what the beach flag colors mean BEFORE you head to the beach. When you get to the beach, always look for beach warning flags, which are often posted on or near a lifeguard stand.
The list below provides beach flag resources for several northern Gulf Coast beaches in Alabama and Florida. Click the website or social media links next to the beach name to view the current beach flags and beach conditions for that particular beach.
- Pensacola Beach: Website, Facebook
- Okaloosa Island: Website, Facebook
- Navarre Beach: Website, Facebook
- Fort Walton Beach: Website, Facebook
- Destin: Facebook
- Walton County (Miramar, Rosemary, & Seaside beaches): Website, Facebook, Twitter
- Bay County (Laguna, Panama City, & Mexico beaches): Website
- Gulf County (Cape San Blas, Indian Pass, & St. Joe State Park): Facebook
- Franklin County (St. George Island & Julian G. Bruce State Park): Website
Beach Safety Videos
- Rip Current Awareness & Safety – A local perspective from Destin Beach Safety & NWS Mobile
- Rip Current Awareness & Safety – A local perspective from Orange Beach Safety & NWS Mobile
- Rip Current Safety Videos – All local and national rip current safety videos
Additional Safety Resources
- NWS Beach Page
- NWS Tallahassee: Beach Forecast
- NWS Mobile: Beach Forecast and 4-Day Rip Current Outlook
- NOAA Ocean Today – Rip Current Survival Guide – A Supplemental Resource for Educators!
- NWS – Rip Current Safety
- NWS JetStream – Rip Current Information
- NOAA Story Map – PLAY IT SAFE!
- USLA – Rip Current Tips