Current location on Tropical Storm Barry as of 1:00 pm has the center of circulation 90 miles south of the mouth of the Mississippi River and around 185 miles southeast of Morgan City, Louisiana.
Maximum sustained winds continue to be around 40 MPH.
The movement continues to be to the due west at 5MPH.
Minimum central pressure is at 1006mb, or 29.71 inches.
Watches and warnings remain unchanged at this point. Here is a list of all that are in effect:
A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for…
* Mouth of the Pearl River to Morgan City
A Storm Surge Warning is in effect for…
* Mouth of the Atchafalaya River to Shell Beach
A Storm Surge Watch is in effect for…
* Shell Beach to the Mississippi/Alabama border
* Mouth of the Atchafalaya River to Intracoastal City
A Hurricane Watch is in effect for…
* Mouth of the Mississippi River to Cameron
A Tropical Storm Watch is in effect for…
* East of the Mouth of the Pearl River to the Mississippi/Alabama border
* Lake Pontchartrain and Lake Maurepas including metropolitan New Orleans
The next big update from the National Hurricane Center will be out just before 4:00 pm. My next post will be soon after.